SWSPHN encourage health services providing telehealth services to align with RACGP and MBS guidelines; telehealth solutions should be secure, encrypted and align with each practice’s policies. Below is a non-exhaustive list of telehealth solutions available and their contact details. SWSPHN encourages all health services to comprehensively conduct their own research before choosing a telehealth solution.
SWSPHN recommends: Healthdirect Video Call
- Web-based (no software installation required for both clinicians and patients)
- Will work on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs (minimum requirements apply)
- Allows screen sharing
- Allows document sharing
- Quick and easy onboarding of practices
- Accounts managed by PHNs
- Purpose-built for health providers to offer to their patients for teleconsultations
- Developed by Healthdirect Australia – a national, government-owned, not-for-profit organisation.