One third of general practices in South Western Sydney employ a practice nurse.
South Western Sydney PHN (SWSPHN) recognises the important contribution nurses provide to their colleagues and the health outcomes of the community.
Our clinical support program is specifically designed to support nurses working in general practice.
SWSPHN can provide support for your practice through:
- Education and training events
- Orientation and mentoring
- Telephone support
- In-house visits/remote sessions and education in a variety of areas such as: chronic disease management, care planning, health assessments, cycles of care, wound management and immunisation.
Professional development opportunities for practice nurses
Nurses registered with AHPRA are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours of professional development each year.
- Get organised – you can keep your CPD records up-to-date with the Ausmed CPD organiser.
- If you are a member of APNA you can access the APNA online CPD portal.
SWSPHN offers educational events for practice nurses based on professional development needs assessment data collected.
Visit our Resources for Practice Nurses page for more online education courses