Set a day aside to support your patients who present with type 2 diabetes
Invite eight of your T2DM patients to a case conference at your practice, in collaboration with local hospital diabetes specialists.
- A specialist diabetes team attends your practice for a day clinic
- Up to eight 40-minute consultations with the patient, GP, endocrinologist and diabetes educator
- Follow-up clinic in six months’ time
- MBS remuneration of up to $1,705.20 per clinic
- Increase confidence in managing complex T2DM patients
- GP access to one-on-one education from diabetes specialists
- Develop an integrated approach to diabetes across general practice, allied health, hospital and specialist services
- Reduce the organisational burden of individual case conferences by running an efficient and streamlined day clinic
- Practices can choose how many GPs participate in the clinic
- Optional lunch time education session for all practice staff
- Support from South Western Sydney PHN and South Western Sydney LHD to arrange and facilitate clinics
- Earn CPD points: claim hours towards RACGP continuing professional development.
MBS remuneration of up to $1,705.20 per clinic.
Billing codes: Organise and Coordinate a Case Conference
|Item||MBS fee||Consult time|
Bulk billing practices
Bulk bill your patients as usual.
Non-bulk billing practices
Non-bulk billing practices charge a gap or fee for service per usual procedures. Non- bulk billing practices will need to bulk bill patients participating in the diabetes case conference clinic.
Book your clinic
Diabetes case conferences are available all general practice in South Western Sydney.
Contact Alyssa Horgan for bookings and enquiries. Em: email@example.com, Ph: 4632 3088.
Book your clinic
Contact Alyssa Horgan for bookings and enquiries. Em: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 4632 3088