FREE telehealth type 2 diabetes case conferencing for GPs to consult with an endocrinologist and diabetes educator for advice on the management of patients with type 2 diabetes.
Consultations typically take place with the GP only. However you may invite your patient to be present.
Telehealth case conference consultations can be billed to Medicare, according to these item numbers.
|Item||MBS fee||Consult time|
- GP access to diabetes specialists
- Increase confidence in managing complex T2DM patients
- Develop an integrated approach to diabetes across general practice, allied health, hospital and specialist services
- Earn CPD hours: claim hours towards RACGP continuing professional development.
Exclusions for referral to telehealth type 2 diabetes case conferencing are patients who:
- Are currently seeing a private endocrinologist
- Type 1 or gestational diabetes diagnosis
- Active foot ulcer
- On renal dialysis
- Are seeking a license review
Telehealth type 2 diabetes case conferences are provided by South Western Sydney PHN and South Western Sydney LHD.