A free sexual health clinic for 15 to 29 year olds living in Wollondilly and Wingecarribee.
The service is available on the fourth Monday of every month from 3pm to 5pm with a nurse practitioner at the Community Links GP room, Station Street, Bowral.
- 40 minutes for initial appointment
- 20 minutes for follow ups
This service is completely confidential and requires no Medicare card.
It aims to offer an inclusive, accessible, culturally sensitive and safe sexual health service, and provide young people with the knowledge, skills and ability to make informed sexual health choices.
This service seeks to:
- Increase STI testing rates (via rapid point of care testing if accessible) for young people in target LGAs.
- Increase access to inclusive and culturally sensitive STI testing services for high-risk groups, specifically LGBTQIA+, culturally diverse and First Nations young people in target LGAs.
- Empower young people in target LGAs by improving health literacy regarding sexual health
The pilot program is expected to run for two years, from June 2023 to June 2025.