SWSPHN and South Western Sydney Local Health District are working together to enhance diabetes care in the region. Diabetes Case Conference Clinic Days are now available for GPs in South Western Sydney.
What are the benefits of case conferencing?
- Case conferencing can assist GPs to support patients who present with diabetes (type 2)
- Case conferencing with an endocrinologist in collaboration with the patients GP will provide robust clinical care and decrease admissions to the hospital
- Prior verbal or written consent from patient is required
An endocrinologist and diabetes educator will attend your practice for the day, where 10 eligible patients will each receive a 40-minute case conference. A follow up half-day will occur six months later, where each patient will have a 20-minute case conference. Education will be provided and you will be supported to run quality improvement initiatives for diabetes.
What are the benefits to my practice?
- Access to billing for MBS chronic disease items for case conferencing, GP management plans, Team Care Arrangements and items of Diabetes Cycles of Care, as eligible
- Diabetes Specialist service without extra cost to the patient
- Reduce waiting time for patients to access specialist care
- Increased patient satisfaction with a comprehensive, integrated and interdisciplinary management approach in the one location
For more information, or to discuss booking a Case Conference clinic day, please contact SWSPHN Priority Populations Program Advisor Alyssa Horgan at Alyssa.Horgan@swsphn.com.au
Read more: Type 2 Diabetes Case Conferencing Clinics