SWSPHN’s Practice Support team provides support for general practices undertaking accreditation for the first time or for those undergoing re-accreditation. This support includes:
- Providing contact information for accrediting bodies
- Enabling practices to plan and implement policies and procedures
- Providing feedback regarding practice readiness for accreditation
- Providing templates and resources
- Demonstrating available resources – AGPAL Hub and QPA Connect Plus websites
What are the benefits of being an accredited practice?
- Improve patient safety and overall health outcomes
- Reduce risk in practice
- Improve practice efficiency
- Build a culture of quality in the practice environment
- Develop staff skills and engaging the practice team in continuous quality improvement
- Access to financial incentives for general practice – Practice Incentives Program (PIP), Service Incentive Payments (SIP) and Workforce Incentive Program (WIP)
Please contact your Practice Support Officer (PSO) if you have any questions regarding accreditation or need support. Our Practice Support team can offer practice visits, remote support and phone/email support.