Aboriginal Health Patient Payment Registration
5th October 2017
Practice staff are reminded re-registrations for Aboriginal health patients were due on 1 October. For information on patient registration payments click here. A patient registration payment of $250 is made to practices for each Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander patient who:
- is a ‘usual’ patient of the practice
- is aged 15 years and over
- has a chronic disease(s)
- has had, or been offered, a health check for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders (Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) item 715)
- has a current Medicare card, and
- has provided informed consent to be registered for the PIP Indigenous Health Incentive by completing the patient consent part of the Indigenous Health Incentive and PBS Co-payment Measure patient registration and consent form and the practice has sent or faxed it to Human Services or completed patient registration online via Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
For more information, speak with your PSO.